Nowadays many people are moving towards making their own natural makeup rather than applying products containing chemical agents that can irritate their skin or even cause long term health problems. The organic and natural products can enhance your skin and minimize adverse reactions that you can potentially experience from a chemical product. Today I am going to show you how to make a natural homemade foundation with all organic ingredients.
- 2 tablespoon of zinc oxide(arrowroot powder can also be used instead but zinc oxide is better for more coverage)
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of gold mica dust ( for smoother texture and glowing skin)
- 1 tablespoon of natural clay powder
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or bonze mica powder (Or you can add half tablespoon of each for the desired color)
- 1 tablespoon of translucent powder(Optional if you have oily skin)
** There can be a lot of dust that is created when you are mixing your products which can be irritating to your eyes and lungs so we recommend that you wear goggles and a mask to protect yourself.**
Step 1: Mix all ingredients in a clean bowl to get a desired color and coverage
Step 2: Adding of Zinc oxide will help you to get a matte finish and coverage
Step 3: Cocoa powder, natural clays and mica powder will help you to adjust the color of the foundation. Add a small amount of these powders until you have a shade that matches your skin tone.
Step 4: Once made, store your product in a glass jar.
Applying Foundation to your face:
- For best results, first and foremost it is really important to cleanse and moisturize your face before applying your makeup. Cleansing your skin removes any excess oils, dirt and leftover makeup that might still be on the skin and moisturizing helps to balance out and hydrate the skin. Skipping this step can cause your foundation and makeup to settle into creases and crevices on the face and make it look blotchy and uneven.
You can check out the DIY oil cleansing method on our website linked below. ( https://cosmedicqueen.com/diy-cleansing-oil/)
- It is better to wait 15 minutes to allow your moisturizer to penetrate and sink into the skin before applying your makeup.
- Apply a Natural Homemade foundation softly on your face with the help of a soft sponge or foundation brush for a perfect finish.
- Depending upon your preference you might need more coverage.
- When your base is properly set you can start on bronzing, contouring and highlighting.